Monday, April 23, 2012

Eating out

There are lots of good restaurants here in Japan. Many of them foreign. For example, I went to the Outback Steakhouse last night for dinner in Shibuya. It`s just like it is in the U.S..  I always get the bloomin onion. Terrible for my health, I know, but they are delish. Had steak and ribs. I should say we had steak and ribs because my wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Aaww, yeah, yeah. Before that we went to Ameyokocho in Ueno and had sashimidon. I had salmon and wife had toro. Again, delish. For \500 what a deal!
A lot of people either have no idea what Japanese people eat or they think everyone eats raw fish. Japanese folk love good food just like everyone else. You can get basically any kind of food that you want here in Japan. French and Italian are very popular as is Chinese. Vietnamese and Mexican not so much yet but seem to be increasing. Oh how I miss those two! Quality is usually very good. I love going to the grocery store and buying things that have been prepared there in the store because they are cheap and tasty. Here`s a tip, if you are grocery shopping in Japan, wait until an hour or so before closing time. They usually discount lots of items, especially meats, and you can get some really good deals.
Speaking of food, I`m hungry......

No comments:

Post a Comment