Monday, April 22, 2013

       I was thinking that my degree is probably useless by now. It`s been 7 years since I graduated. I might`ve had a job in my chosen field but the offer came too late.
       I could`ve stayed were I was but I needed to work. So I moved back home.
      Anyway, I finally moved to Japan in 08. I`ve been working as an English teacher ever since. I guess I could get a teaching cert....but I`m not sure I want to teach in the public school system.
Having those summers off would be pretty awesome though.
      I`m thinking that I might like to work for myself. My father said "it`s the hardest job I`ve ever worked but I wouldn`t go back to working for other people."
     What to do though.... Therein lies the problem. I don`t have any concrete skills that would allow me to work for myself. The Ex said I should get a masters degree and then teach at the community college level. Foreign relations and the like. I`ve actually got a few ideas. Maybe I should do all of it. Get a teaching cert then get a masters and then do something else. There isn`t a guidebook so I`ll just have to do the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment